JEMS® Movement ART Online Mentored Learning Programme
Join international movement and rehabilitation expert Joanne Elphinston on an educational experience that will transform your practice, and inspire both you and your patients.
What is Movement ART?
Movement ART is the ground breaking foundation programme for learning the JEMS® approach, a holistic philosophy of rehabilitation and training which identifies and effortlessly integrates the multiple factors which influence our movement. Movement is more than a functional expression of the body: it is a deeply personal story that the brain is telling. Movement ART teaches you how to make sense of that story with each patient, what to look and listen for, where to begin, and how to assess and progress patients across the age and functional spectrum effectively and truly holistically.
Who is it for?
Movement ART is for clinically based rehabilitation practitioners who feel deeply that there is more to movement than just muscles, mechanics and motor control. From elite sport to chronic pain management, and every career stage, from newly qualified to the verge of retirement, our participants join us because they are motivated to address the whole person in the treatment interaction with greater clarity, confidence and creativity through an expanded understanding of the role of movement.
Why join Movement ART?
This is a unique personal and professional development programme that gives you the time to immerse yourself in the learning. Most importantly, you directly apply the work with patients as you move through the programme, knowing that you have the support of the teaching team to explore and refine your skills as you go. It is a purposefully designed and steadily paced opportunity for clinical professionals to fully explore and embed their learning in a safe and encouraging environment.
What will I learn?
Movement ART equips you with the knowledge, skills and deep movement understanding to assess and treat functionally, specifically and confidently, using clear concepts, sound clinical reasoning and structured progression.
How does it work?
Movement ART is offered in two parts, Programme 1 and Programme 2. Each programme runs for approximately 16 weeks. Programme 1 comprehensively establishes the JEMS® foundation concepts in all of the areas listed above, with emphasis on the trunk and lower body up to intermediate functional level. Programme 2 continues your skill development in all of these areas and extends them to increasingly dynamic lower body applications, polishing your clinical reasoning and observation skills, and applying all of this knowledge to the fascinating and versatile upper limb. You will finish the programme with confidence, capability and enthusiasm! Each programme is delivered in a blended learning format, using a variety of techniques to support your learning.
Programme 1 includes:
- 22 hours of live online learning and mentoring, spaced throughout the 16 weeks of the programme
- 13+ hours of self-paced learning, including 16 weeks of access to:
- 28 Video lessons with Joanne teaching you, just as she would “live”
- Downloadble PDF handouts for each lesson
- 63 professionally produced JEMS® technique videos
- Private online community for the duration of the course
- Certificate of completion for 35 hours of CPD
Dates (local time in the UK*)
9:00 - 10:00 Saturday 2nd October - Onboarding + introduction
9:00 - 13:00 Friday 29th October - Learning duo session A1
9:00 - 13:00 Saturday 30th October - Learning duo session A2
9:00 - 13:00 Friday 26th November - Learning duo session B1
9:00 - 13:00 Saturday 27th November - Learning duo session B2
9:00 - 12:00 Saturday 18th December - Q & A and Final Review
9:00 - 10:30 Saturday 15th January - Closing session
* Please note that in the UK, on Sunday 31st October, the clocks will move forward by 1 hour, from UTC+1 to UTC+0.
If you are in a different timezone, please check the local times wherever you are.
Access to online course content for 16 weeks starting from Saturday 2nd October 2021 until Saturday 22nd January, 2022
- “My journey through this course series has enabled me to become the therapist I always wanted to be” LP, Physiotherapist
- “JEMS® has given me the holistic key I was missing when working with patients with chronic pain. To be able to assist them in discovering their bodies and minds and build their trust in their bodies using JEMS® movement is wonderful” Lovisa Amkeus, Physiotherapist, Sweden
- “I loved it. The teaching is amazing, the content of the course, the support that is offered. The online resources are exceptional and offer time to go through subjects and practical skills in detail. As a reflective person this has been really helpful and I have appreciated this opportunity.” AC, physiotherapist, UK
- “One of the biggest things I appreciated about the course was a belief in the possibility for CHANGE. The course has rekindled my belief in that possibility and re-ignited my determination to help my patients experience it!” Hugh Ruxton, Osteopath, UK
- “JEMS® provides a clear paradigm in which to work, uniquely encouraging you to use your own experience to treat the person in front of you and not just their injury” Leigh Halfteck, Physiotherapist, UK
- “JEMS® respects and draws from the biomechanical narrative but unlike many other rehabilitation courses, it doesn’t just stay there but it goes beyond, into the field of embodiment, communication and neuroscience” Sanja Maretic, Osteopath. UK
- “JEMS® isn’t about telling someone how to be, it’s about allowing them to be. It’s about giving them back their power” Emmy-Lou Bones-Jackson, Soft Tissue Therapist, Australia
- “It’s difficult to explain the relief/ joy/ excitement/ gratitude of finding a method that engages me on so many levels.” AC, Physiotherapist, UK
- “This course has replenished my clinical creativity and given me so many tools to use in order to enable my patients to reconnect with what is meaningful to them…. This has been a truly rich and positive experience for me… JEMS® really offers itself to our imaginations…” Sanja Maretic, Osteopath, UK
Movement A.R.T. is designed for rehabilitation practitioners with a medically based qualification such as: physiotherapists; osteopaths; chiropractors; and graduate sports rehabilitators (GSR) who are a member of BASRaT, as the course requires an understanding of manual treatment techniques, and clinical reasoning processes for a spectrum of ages and physical presentations. If you are unsure as to whether your professional qualifications match these pre-requisites, please use the Contact button below to get in touch and we can discuss the best course option for you.
The programme cost is £1020 GBP
JEMS® Certified Practitioners qualify for a 10% discount, please use the Contact button below to request the discount code.